What is a Certified Used Vehicle? Certified Used Vehicles by Toyota
Wondering what a Certified Used Vehicles is, or why you should by a Certified Used Vehicle by Toyota? A Certified Used Vehicle has undergone a series of inspections and have met high standards for safety and vehicle integrity before it goes for sale. When you buy a Toyota Certified Used Vehicles, you have more than the confidence provided by a rigorous 160-point inspection – you also have the quality inherent in the Toyota brand.
While there are many dealerships that advertise certified used vehicles, they don’t have to live up to the reputation and qualification requirements of a Toyota Certified used vehicle. A Toyota Certified Used Vehicle must be fully inspected by a factory-trained Toyota technician and meet the highest standards for quality before being displayed at our car lot. That’s why you can trust in the superior quality guaranteed in all of the Toyota certified used cars, trucks, vans and SUVs at McPhillips Toyota in Winnipeg.
When you buy a Toyota Certified Used Vehicle, your vehicle is backed by a 6 month/ 10,000 km Powertrain and 12 month Roadside Assistance coverage warranty to give you an extra layer of protection after you vehicle has left the lot.
The Toyota Certified Used Vehicles program provides you:
- 12 -month/ 20,000 km Powertrain and Roadside Assistance coverage
- Warranty honoured by McPhillips Toyota and over 1,500 other Toyota Dealers and Canada and the U.S.
- Zero deductible
- 7-day or 1,500km exchange privilegev
- First free tank of gas, and first oil/filter change at no charge (6 months / 8,000kms)
- Comprehensive CarProof Vehicle History Report
- Membership in Club Toyota
Extra Care Protection (ECP) & certified platinum plans are available on Toyota vehicles in addition to the Toyota certified used vehicle limited warranty and include:
- Mechanical Protection for seven major mechanical component groups (wide range of plans available).
- Trip Interruption – for when you are over 300 kms from home, ECP will provide up to $100 a day for three days (Maximum $300) to help you cover hotels and alternate transportation.
We are proud to provide Toyota certified used car sales to Manitoba and areas of the Northern U.S. including Winnipeg, Interlake, Dryden, Selkirk, Headingly, Perimeter and East St. Paul.
Toyota Certified Used Vehicle inspection process
The rigorous certified used vehicle inspection process involves a series of inspection procedures. Check points for a Toyota certified used vehicle include:
- Exterior light operation and condition.
- Body panels, bumpers, doors, hood, tailgate, etc.
- Vehicle trim, Grille, exterior accessories, mirrors, wipers.
- Frame, exhaust and brake systems
- Powertrain components (transmission, transaxle, transfer case, and differential)
- Tires, wheels
- Suspension & steering
- Air bags, seats, seatbelts and safety systems
- Vents, air conditions, defrosting system, (inc. associated drive belts and hoses)
- Audio, alarm and navigation systems
- Interior trim and amenities
- Window condition, door locks, & storage compartments
- Engine and drivetrain components
- Engine cooling system
- Fuel & electrical systems
- Steering & Suspension
These certified used vehicle check points will be evaluated and appear on the dealer report. If a Toyota vehicle is found to be deficient in any of the above criteria, then additional reconditioning will be required until it meets the highest standards. Hybrid components and other inspection items may also be covered depending on vehicle model.
Browse Certified Used Vehicles Toyota Matrix, Sienna, Tundra, Tacoma, Corolla, Camry & Venza models
At McPhilips Toyota we pride ourselves on an excellent selection of Toyota Certified Used Vehicles including Certified Used trucks like the Tundra and Tacoma, vans like the Toyota Sienna, and Certified Used crossovers and SUVs including the Toyota Venza and RAV4. Browse our full Certified Used Vehicle inventory online!